Friday 18 January 2008

Mini Book

This is a mini book for a swap on a great forum - Crafting Corner. We had to choose the contents to depict one of our favourite crafting activities. For the most part I have done stamping. The whole book has been done on mountboard and bound together using a fantastic piece of equipment a Bind It All.

The letters have been cut on my Big Shot using the lollipop alphabet out of mountboard. This has been coloured and stamped using an Anita's flower stamp then triple embossed with clear embossing powder.

These two pages have again been coloured using Alcohol inks. The foxglove stamp is from Tanda. The swirl is from Wendie Rhodes and the flowers from Joanna Sheen. I have used Jazz Beadazzles in the centre of the flowers and glossy accents to hi-lite the swirl and birds.
















These are two stamps I made with my Imagepac - I only had it at Christmas but I think they turned out quite well for first attempts. I stamped them onto distressed paper and singed the edges.














Stamps on the left are from Joanna Sheen web site. The centre of the frame has been hi-lighted with glossy accents and the corners have been stamped again, cut out and mounted on foam pads to give depth. The page on the right has been done the same way.














This is the back cover. Stamped with a background stamp from Tanda Stamps, the sentiment is from Joanna Sheen and the flowers have been cut from vellum using a Cuttlebug embossing stencil and coloured.

3 comments:

Carol Ann said...

This is a really lovely book Patsy. The letters on the fron have come out really well I was really impressed with them they look shop bought. The book as a whole will be a really nice swap to receive.

Carol

Jo said...

Stunning!!

Ann said...

WOW - Stunning Patsy, I love all the colours & stamps....what a lovely book to receive!!

Hugs
Ann-R xx