Saturday, 26 January 2008

February Calendar Page

While I was doing January, I thought I would get February done at the same time. Using Valentines day as my Feb. theme I cut out various hearts and sentiments from scraps of papers I had left over. The hearts I edged in gilding flakes - I love using these.

The main image is a House Mouse stamp which I think is soooo cute. The hearts again are covered in gilding flakes, I painted the mice with H2O's and Sakura Gelly roll pens for the other small bits. The picture has been matted onto gold mirri card.

Thanks for looking

Calendar Page

January 2009

Nothing like forward planning lol.

On the forum which I belong to we have a project for this year. Twelve of us make a calendar page for next year. At the end of the year, the calendars are bound and we each have a 2009 calendar with a different page made by a forum member. Thanks to Karen for such a good Idea.

This is my effort for January. Not too sure about it after seeing what other members have done, mine is totally different!!!!! I have coloured the background with Tim Holts Shabby Shutters distress inks. Stamped with Linda Lukin tree stamps and embossed over them. The 'snow' is white acrylic paint and the moon is stamped with the lid off a pot with clear embossing ink and embossed with white embossing powder. The glittery snow effect - although the camera hasn't picked it up too well, is splattered diluted PVA and silver glittery embossing powder sprinkled on while wet and heated. I have also used a light spray of Moonglow sprizers to add a touch of iridescence.

More Tesco Note Pads

Two more notepads from Tesco. The same principal applied as the other one. Both were covered with DCWV papers. The embellishments are double sided peel offs. I have never got on with these very well but decided to give them another go! This time I used gilding flakes on them and they turned out really well, so I think I will use the flakes on them in the future, glitter always falls off when I use it on them!

Centres of the flowers and butterfly and the outlines on the left one have been done using Sakura Gelly Roll pens. Again Ribbons added down the spine.

Thanks for looking.

Tesco Note Pads

While in the mood for altering, my other half bought me some Tesco Value note pads. These are A6 size.

I unwound the spiral binding on the sides and covered the back and front card covers.

This one has been done in Once Upon a Time papers. The flowers are Kay&Co.

Ribbons added to to binding once I had re-wound it all again.

This is how the note books started.

Note pads

These are 35p note pads I bought with the intention of altering them. They had no cover and no holes punched. So I made the covers from thick card and decorated them with DCWV papers. The flowers on the left are from Tanda Stamps and the lady on the right is an unknown stamp from eBay. Words were stamped on them and adhesive ribbons added. Other ribbons added on the binding at the top done with my BIA. Both images were stamped twice, once on the cover and once on vellum. Coloured in with Sakura Gelly Roll Pens and the vellum then stuck down over the top.

I was quite pleased with the results