Sunday 24 August 2008

Canvas

I had a pack of 3 canvas' and didn't know what to do with them. While at the craft fayre I saw several bits and pieces of fabric, silk tubes and some molded shapes.

I created a 3 canvas picture with them. First I stapled the background fabric to the base and then cut and frayed the next layer then stapled that on top of the base fabric.

I used the silk rolls, various threads and textures to create as sea bed scene and added some small shells I found. I used a bit of liquid pearls to highlight different elements on the base fabric
Below are the 3 different canvas's in close up, the main picture isn't too good










































Thanks for looking

5 comments:

Carol Ann said...

These are very effective Patsy they will be really nice hung on the wall together x

ju said...

WOW Patsy! I just love it, brilliant ! x

Tessmatt said...

These are stunning Patsy, you are a very talented lady. xxx

Jo said...

These look FAB Patsy, love the different textures you've achieved :o)

Craft is a Blessing said...

Love the canvases, been waiting for a local class.....just need the confidence I guess, may even add a photo? Love the colours and theme too!
Found you on Crafty Devils, some great projects but can't seem to 'print' them? Love the atc bunnies, I would like to make that for my friend in the new year, she collects/swaps them, I don't but she would really appreciate that as she has suffered a broken thumb for 15 weeks now and can hardly craft or drive so she is almost going insane! Thanks for sharing!